Saturday, August 16, 2008

Benjamin's Portion

Joseph Herrin (08-16-2008)

I have just concluded a week of teaching at a discipleship group in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I have posted audio files of all of the talks on the Internet, and I say with the greatest earnestness I can muster that these are talks that every Christian needs to hear. I will provide a link to them at the bottom of the page.

I do not say that these talks are vital and of priceless value because of my part in it, but rather because of the absence of my soul and flesh in entering into this work. Before I left Georgia I had cast myself completely upon the Father, declaring to Him that I had no power to advance His kingdom one iota. Like Joseph when Pharaoh looked to him to interpret his dreams, I could only declare “it is not in me, God will give an acceptable answer.” Upon arriving in Fort Wayne I observed that the discipleship school was to be held in a house on a street named St. Joseph Blvd. The life of Joseph was an oft recurring theme throughout the week, and I was intimately aware of the relation to my own life.

Like Joseph, the Lord had led me to experience many difficulties and hardships, much loneliness and sorrow, while my Christian brethren were knowing fellowship with one another. While I was being cast into a place of great restriction of word and action, like unto a slave in Egypt who lives only for the will of his master, my brothers were by and large choosing their own paths, living as they saw fit, pursuing the passions and desires of their soul. Yet, also like Joseph, God was giving to me grain to feed others in a time of famine. In this land of oppression the Lord led me to He was sending me food from His table, food that most know little about.

Hebrews 13:10
We have an altar, from which those who serve the tabernacle (body of flesh) have no right to eat.

This week in Indiana the Lord showed me that a specific type from Joseph’s life was being fulfilled. A day came when Joseph’s brothers came to him to buy grain, for they were famished. Even so, my brothers in Christ approached me some months back and asked me if I would come and speak to them at this time. The invitation was to come and break the bread of life, to set a table before them from which they could feed. A fascinating thing is observed in this event from Joseph’s life.

Genesis 43:33-34
Now they were seated before [Joseph], the first-born according to his birthright and the youngest according to his youth, and the men looked at one another in astonishment. And he took portions to them from his own table; but Benjamin's portion was five times as much as any of theirs. So they feasted and drank freely with him.

Joseph took portions from his own table. He took that which God had provided for him to feed upon, and he gave portions to his brethren, yet not all received the same portion. Benjamin’s portion was five times as much as the rest. What is signified in this?

Benjamin was the only one of the twelve sons of Jacob that was fully his brother, having the same father and the same mother. Joseph and Benjamin were the two sons of Rachel, the beloved wife of Jacob. They were also the last born sons, prefiguring those who would come forth at the end of the age. Joseph was the eleventh son of Jacob, and Benjamin was the twelfth.

Genesis 35:16-19
Then they journeyed from Bethel (house of God); and when there was still some distance to go to Ephrath (fruitfulness), Rachel (a ewe) began to give birth and she suffered severe labor. When she was in severe labor the midwife said to her, "Do not fear, for now you have another son." It came about as her soul was departing (for she died), that she named him Ben-oni (son of my sorrow); but his father called him Benjamin (son of my right hand). So Rachel died and was buried on the way to Ephrath (that is, Bethlehem (house of bread)).

Rachel died as she was giving birth to Benjamin. This is a picture of the church which will give up her life as she gives birth to a group of overcoming sons whose shadow is seen in Benjamin. As she was dying, Rachel named her son Benoni, “Son of my sorrow.” It was in sorrow that this son came forth. Jacob, however, renamed his son Benjamin, “Son of my right hand.” In this action Jacob stood in the place of God. He was declaring that a son would come forth at the end of the age through great sorrow and travail. Even as the church is in her birth pangs, pangs more severe than any she has ever known before, in a time of great sorrow a son will come forth. This will be a son to rule the nations, a son of the right hand which is the hand of authority and power.

Revelation 20:6
Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

The son of the right hand bears great significance, and it is those who pass through sorrow who will attain to this designation. Consider the following things the Scriptures reveal about the right hand.

The right hand is the hand of strength and righteousness:

Psalms 48:10
According to Your name, O God, so is Your praise to the ends of the earth; Your right hand is full of righteousness.

Psalms 80:14-15
Return, we beseech You, O God of hosts; look down from heaven and see, and visit this vine and the vineyard which Your right hand has planted, and the branch that You made strong for Yourself.

Psalms 80:17
Let Your hand be upon the man of Your right hand, upon the son of man whom You made strong for Yourself.

Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

The right hand signified victory over the enemies of God.

Exodus 15:6
Your right hand, O Yahweh, is glorious in power,
Your right hand, O Yahweh, shatters the enemy.

Exodus 15:11-12
Who is like You, O Yahweh, among the gods? Who is like You, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders? You stretched out Your right hand;
the earth swallowed them.

Psalms 74:10-11
O God, how long will the adversary reproach? Will the enemy blaspheme Your name forever? Why do You withdraw Your hand, even Your right hand? Take it out of Your bosom and destroy them.

The right hand signifies the dawning and brightness of revelation from God.

Deuteronomy 33:2
And he said: "Yahweh came from Sinai, and dawned on them from Seir; He shone forth from Mount Paran, and He came with ten thousands of saints; from His right hand came a fiery law for them.

The right hand is a place of joy and pleasure (after a time of sorrow).

Psalms 16:11
You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

The right hand typifies the lovingkindness and faithfulness of God.

Psalms 17:7
Show Your marvelous lovingkindness by Your right hand, You who save those who trust in You.

Psalms 18:35
You have also given me the shield of Your salvation; Your right hand has held me up, Your gentleness has made me great.

Psalms 20:6
Now I know that Yahweh saves His anointed... with the saving strength of His right hand.

Psalms 44:3
For they did not gain possession of the land by their own sword, nor did their own arm save them; but it was Your right hand, Your arm, and the light of Your countenance, because You favored them.

Psalms 98:1
Oh, sing to Yahweh a new song! For He has done marvelous things; His right hand and His holy arm have gained Him the victory.

The right hand signifies righteousness.

Isaiah 62:8
Yahweh has sworn by His right hand and by the arm of His strength.

The right hand signifies abundant revelation.

Genesis 43:34
He took portions to them from his own table, but Benjamin's portion was five times as much as any of theirs. So they feasted and drank freely with him.

The right hand signifies a greater inheritance.

Genesis 45:22
To all of them he gave each man changes of raiment; but to Benjamin he gave three hundred pieces of silver, and five changes of raiment.

Benjamin was born in a day of great sorrow. The Spirit is indicating that days of great trouble are at hand, days of great sorrow. I believe we are already in the very beginning of birth pangs. I believe the roaring of the waves and the seas observed in tsunamis and hurricanes, that which is being observed in fires and floods and earthquakes, the turmoil in the financial sector, and the looming conflicts among the nations are all evidence that we are in the beginning of birth pangs and have been ever since the Lord set signs of this in the heavens back in 2003. (See the teaching on Mars’ approach in August 2003, and the great solar flare two months later.)

This corresponds well with the story of Joseph and his brothers, for they came to him for grain at the beginning of the seven year period of famine, and there were mare dark days to come.

Genesis 45:5-6
For God sent me before you to preserve life. For the famine has been in the land these two years, and there are still five years in which there will be neither plowing nor harvesting.

What then is revealed in the fact that Benjamin received a portion five times greater than his brothers? Benjamin is the son birthed through sorrow. It speaks of all of those who will come forth into a mature reflection of Christ in this last hour when birth pangs are upon the world, and particularly upon the church. All the brothers who preceded them from earlier ages received a lesser portion of that which ultimately derives from the altar before the throne of God. As an overcoming body of sons come forth in this final, traumatic hour, they will find themselves abundantly provided with revelation and knowledge from the throne of God, and it will be delivered to them through those who are called in this time to fulfill the role of Joseph, the one who went before them into the suffering of Egypt which stands as a symbol of the world.

This entire week the Spirit has marvelously directed me. He revealed each day what portion should be set before those who are called to be as Benjamin in this last hour. An abundant provision was set before those who gathered at this discipleship school. Things were brought forth from the Lord’s granaries to feed them that few have comprehended in preceding ages, and which only a remnant will truly understand and embrace in this hour.

People, I do not share these things to magnify myself. My role was merely to act as a servant to my brothers. I took the things that God has set before me on my table and I delivered portions of it to my brothers. All good things come from the Father. He alone is worthy to be praised. Understanding that He is the source for all the food set forth this past week, and knowing these things are precisely what He has declared His children MUST feed upon at this time, I can say emphatically that all those who would walk as overcomers in this last hour NEED to hear and receive that which the Spirit proclaimed through these messages.

It matters not whether you receive these portions from my hand, or from the hand of another. You may be a Joseph yourself, and have already received these portions from God’s throne. What is imperative is that you must feed on these things now, at this time, for the church at large is feeding on things that do not profit them.

Hebrews 13:9
Do not be carried away by varied and strange teachings; for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace, not by foods, through which those who were thus occupied were not benefited.

All of the talks delivered at the house on St. Joseph’s Blvd. can be listened to online at the following link: http://www.heart4god.ws/Audio/id37.htm

If for any reason you are unable to listen to them online, I will make CD’s available of all the talks recorded in mp3 format. These CD’s can be listened to on any computer as well as on mp3 players. I do not want cost to be a barrier for any who need a CD to hear them, so if you have no money to send for them, do not concern yourself about the matter. Simply send me your request and I will send you a CD. If you are able to pay, I believe $7.00 should cover all the cost of creating the CDs and mailing them.

The Lord has currently led me to remain in Fort Wayne until He reveals the next step along the path. My mailing address at this time is the following:

Joseph Herrin
P.O. Box 804
Montezuma, GA 31063
May you be blessed with peace and understanding in these days.

Heart4God Website: http://www.heart4god.ws
Parables Blog: http://www.parablesblog.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Todd said...

I have always wondered who Benjamin represents typologically. In I Corinthains 15, Paul mentions those to whom Christ appears, in a specific order, which I believe is significant. I believe it is a type of those who come to Christ. First Cephas, then the twelve, the Firstfruits of Israel. Following this the 500, with a greater part remaining and others who had fallen asleep. This seems to be a reference to the Gentiles. After this He appears to James and the twelve apostles, the lasts days Church, who, through the berth pains of tribulation, gives birth to the remnant of Israel, symbolized by Benjamin. Paul, a Benjamite, is a type of this last days remnant, for he was "born out of time." Benjamin seems to play the same role in this narrative as Obed plays in the Ruth narrative.