Friday, August 22, 2008

Lamentations

Joseph Herrin (08-22-08)

A few days back I was praying and asking God about a concern upon my heart. I had been contemplating taking some of the recent audio messages and adding the graphics to them that I use when giving presentations on this topic, and creating a movie to post on YouTube, Yahoo Video, GodTube and other online video websites. I had felt that the Spirit was indicating that this message needed to go out to the nation and I was praying for God's confirmation on this matter.

I have been hesitant to precede in this matter, knowing Christ's warning to His disciples about casting pearls before swine.

Matthew 7:6
"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."

It is one thing to share the truth of what God is speaking in this hour to a group of believers gathered to hear the word of God declared. It is something altogether different to speak the word in a public forum where many unbelievers, as well as carnal believers, are liable to view it. I have received rants and flames before, and they are never pleasant. Even during this recent time of teaching in Fort Wayne, Indiana as I was sharing about why God must judge His church, and pointing out the idolatry of God's people, three people got up in the middle of the presentation and walked out.

You can understand my hesitancy to put this teaching before an even larger audience, yet God has been affirming in many ways that it is time for this message to go to the nation. After praying about whether the Lord would have me proceed in this direction, I checked my e-mail, and I had received a daily devotion from Os Hillman, which included the following words:

Jesus confronted the issues of His day without fear of being rejected. A life of obedience will be an affront to the systems of this world. When God begins His deeper work in you, it will be a stumbling block to those around you. When you are rejected for Christ, consider that Christ is affirming His call on your life and you are becoming a threat to the kingdom of darkness.

Later that day with this thought still upon my mind, I went over to the corner of State Street and St. Joseph Boulevard to take a picture of the sign to use in a recent blog. After photographing the sign I noted a historical marker right in the middle of the 2200 block of St. Joseph Blvd. I went over to see what was written upon it. Following is a picture of the sign.



















It reads: Home of Philo T. Farnsworth: inventor of television. Farnsworth was instrumental in perfecting the image formation mechanism which enabled the first effective image transmission in 1927...

I wondered if this might be a further confirming SIGN that God would have me send forth this message in a movie format over todays modern equivalent of broadcast technology, the Internet. After all, it was on St. Joseph Blvd., and it was right in the middle of the 2200 block, which number speaks of God's judgment on the nation.

Later, when I was back at the home I am residing at I prayed again about the matter. I do not normally do this, but I asked God to show me something in His word to confirm whether He would have me proclaim this message to the nation in this way. I took my Bible and it fell open to the first page of the book of Lamentations, where I read:

Lamentations 1:1-2
How lonely sits the city
That was full of people!
She has become like a widow
Who was once great among the nations!
She who was a princess among the provinces
Has become a forced laborer!
She weeps bitterly in the night,
And her tears are on her cheeks;
She has none to comfort her
Among all her lovers.

Today I ordered the software I will need to create the videos to post to the Internet. I would greatly appreciate your prayers on behalf of this work. It is my desire to declare to the church and the nation the judgment that God says is fast approaching, and the reasons for it. Such a message will most likely antagonize a certain percentage of those who hear it. After I gave this presentation to the group gathered in Fort Wayne, the young man who led the discipleship group asked me to let him pray for Randy and myself as this was our last meeting. In his prayer he quoted a phrase that God has been speaking to Randy out of the book of Ezekiel. He prayed that God might give us foreheads as flint to be able to deliver the message boldly.

Ezekiel 3:8-9
"Behold, I have made your face as hard as their faces, and your forehead as hard as their foreheads. Like emery harder than flint I have made your forehead. Do not be afraid of them or be dismayed before them, though they are a rebellious house."

Please pray that God would grant me courage to proclaim boldly the word of God.

Ephesians 6:19-20
and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Brothers and sisters, the judgment of God is at the door of this nation, and it will not tarry. It is a time to speak boldly, and in my presentation I even speak about the sin of homosexuality that God must judge. You know this is a topic that is met with fierce resistance in America. The homosexual lobby has been exceedingly bold and threatening to all who would suggest that this lifestyle is an abomination to God. Yet if they can be so bold in speaking forth lies to defend something that God abhors, how much more boldly should the saints of God speak with boldness in declaring truth and defending righteousness?

Please pray that God would give me skill in putting these video presentations together, and that God would bring together the message with those He has determined should hear it. Please also pray that Yahweh would deliver us from all of the attacks of the enemy, and that no weapon formed against us would prosper, but that the message of God might go forth with all faithfulness and courage.

I would like to end this blog by posting the first two chapters of Lamentations. It is a book not often read by Christians, but I believe it holds a specific relevance to the hour approaching. I see in the judgment of Judah and Jerusalem a picture of that which is coming to America. I would encourage you to read these chapters with a thoughtful heart, for I am convinced the Spirit directed me to attend to this passage at this very hour.

May you be blessed with peace and understanding in these days.

Lamentations 1-2

How lonely sits the city that was full of people!She has become like a widow who was once great among the nations!She who was a princess among the provinces has become a forced laborer! She weeps bitterly in the night, and her tears are on her cheeks; She has none to comfort her among all her lovers. All her friends have dealt treacherously with her; They have become her enemies.

Judah has gone into exile under affliction, and under harsh servitude; She dwells among the nations, but she has found no rest; All her pursuers have overtaken her in the midst of distress. The roads of Zion are in mourning because no one comes to the appointed feasts. All her gates are desolate; Her priests are groaning, her virgins are afflicted, and she herself is bitter. Her adversaries have become her masters, her enemies prosper; For Yahweh has caused her grief because of the multitude of her transgressions; Her little ones have gone away as captives before the adversary. And all her majesty has departed from the daughter of Zion; Her princes have become like bucks that have found no pasture; and they have fled without strength before the pursuer.

In the days of her affliction and homelessness Jerusalem remembers all her precious things that were from the days of old when her people fell into the hand of the adversary, and no one helped her. The adversaries saw her, they mocked at her ruin. Jerusalem sinned greatly, therefore she has become an unclean thing. All who honored her despise her because they have seen her nakedness; Even she herself groans and turns away. Her uncleanness was in her skirts; She did not consider her future; therefore she has fallen astonishingly; She has no comforter.

"See, O Yahweh, my affliction, for the enemy has magnified himself!" The adversary has stretched out his hand over all her precious things, for she has seen the nations enter her sanctuary, the ones whom You did command that they should not enter into Your congregation.

All her people groan seeking bread; They have given their precious things for food to restore their lives themselves. "See, O Yahweh, and look, for I am despised." Is it nothing to all you who pass this way? Look and see if there is any pain like my pain which was severely dealt out to me, which Yahweh inflicted on the day of His fierce anger.

"From on high He sent fire into my bones, and it prevailed over them; He has spread a net for my feet; He has turned me back; He has made me desolate, faint all day long. The yoke of my transgressions is bound; By His hand they are knit together; They have come upon my neck; He has made my strength fail; The Lord has given me into the hands of those against whom I am not able to stand. The Lord has rejected all my strong men in my midst; He has called an appointed time against me to crush my young men; The Lord has trodden as in a wine press the virgin daughter of Judah."

"For these things I weep; My eyes run down with water; Because far from me is a comforter, one who restores my soul; My children are desolate because the enemy has prevailed." Zion stretches out her hands; There is no one to comfort her; Yahweh has commanded concerning Jacob that the ones round about him should be his adversaries; Jerusalem has become an unclean thing among them.

"Yahweh is righteous; For I have rebelled against His command; Hear now, all peoples, and behold my pain; My virgins and my young men have gone into captivity. I called to my lovers, but they deceived me; My priests and my elders perished in the city, while they sought food to restore their strength themselves. See, O Yahweh, for I am in distress; My spirit is greatly troubled; My heart is overturned within me, for I have been very rebellious."

In the street the sword slays; In the house it is like death. "They have heard that I groan; There is no one to comfort me; All my enemies have heard of my calamity; They are glad that You have done it. Oh, that You would bring the day which You hast proclaimed, that they may become like me. Let all their wickedness come before You; And deal with them as You have dealt with me for all my transgressions; For my groans are many, and my heart is faint."

How the Lord has covered the daughter of Zion with a cloud in His anger! He has cast from heaven to earth the glory of Israel, and has not remembered His footstool in the day of His anger. The Lord has swallowed up; He has not spared all the habitations of Jacob. In His wrath He has thrown down the strongholds of the daughter of Judah; He has brought them down to the ground; He has profaned the kingdom and its princes. In fierce anger He has cut off all the strength of Israel; He has drawn back His right hand from before the enemy. And He has burned in Jacob like a flaming fire consuming round about. He has bent His bow like an enemy, He has set His right hand like an adversary and slain all that were pleasant to the eye; In the tent of the daughter of Zion He has poured out His wrath like fire.

The Lord has become like an enemy. He has swallowed up Israel; He has swallowed up all its palaces; He has destroyed its strongholds and multiplied in the daughter of Judah mourning and moaning. And He has violently treated His tabernacle like a garden booth; He has destroyed His appointed meeting place; Yahweh has caused to be forgotten the appointed feast and sabbath in Zion, and He has despised king and priest in the indignation of His anger. The Lord has rejected His altar, He has abandoned His sanctuary; He has delivered into the hand of the enemy the walls of her palaces.They have made a noise in the house of the LORD as in the day of an appointed feast.

Yahweh determined to destroy the wall of the daughter of Zion. He has stretched out a line, He has not restrained His hand from destroying; And He has caused rampart and wall to lament; They have languished together. Her gates have sunk into the ground, He has destroyed and broken her bars. Her king and her princes are among the nations; The law is no more; Also, her prophets find no vision from Yahweh. The elders of the daughter of Zion sit on the ground, they are silent. They have thrown dust on their heads;They have girded themselves with sackcloth. The virgins of Jerusalem Have bowed their heads to the ground.

My eyes fail because of tears, my spirit is greatly troubled; My heart is poured out on the earth, because of the destruction of the daughter of my people, when little ones and infants faint in the streets of the city. They say to their mothers, "Where is grain and wine?" As they faint like a wounded man in the streets of the city, as their life is poured out on their mothers' bosom.

How shall I admonish you? To what shall I compare you, O daughter of Jerusalem? To what shall I liken you as I comfort you, O virgin daughter of Zion? For your ruin is as vast as the sea; Who can heal you? Your prophets have seen for you false and foolish visions; And they have not exposed your iniquity so as to restore you from captivity, but they have seen for you false and misleading oracles.

All who pass along the way clap their hands in derision at you; They hiss and shake their heads At the daughter of Jerusalem, "Is this the city of which they said, 'The perfection of beauty, a joy to all the earth'?" All your enemies have opened their mouths wide against you; They hiss and gnash their teeth. They say, "We have swallowed her up! Surely this is the day for which we waited; We have reached it, we have seen it."

Yahweh has done what He purposed; He has accomplished His word which He commanded from days of old. He has thrown down without sparing, and He has caused the enemy to rejoice over you; He has exalted the might of your adversaries. Their heart cried out to the Lord, "O wall of the daughter of Zion, let your tears run down like a river day and night; Give yourself no relief; Let your eyes have no rest. Arise, cry aloud in the night at the beginning of the night watches; Pour out your heart like water before the presence of the Lord; Lift up your hands to Him for the life of your little ones who are faint because of hunger at the head of every street."

See, O Yahweh, and look! With whom have You dealt thus? Should women eat their offspring, the little ones who were born healthy? Should priest and prophet be slain in the sanctuary of the Lord? On the ground in the streets lie young and old, my virgins and my young men have fallen by the sword. You have slain them in the day of Your anger, You have slaughtered, not sparing. You did call as in the day of an appointed feast my terrors on every side; And there was no one who escaped or survived in the day of the Lord's anger. Those whom I bore and reared, my enemy annihilated them.

Heart4God Website: http://www.heart4god.ws
Parables Blog: http://www.parablesblog.blogspot.com

Mailing Address:
Joseph Herrin
P.O. Box 804
Montezuma, GA 31063

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brother,
This blog spoke volumes to me. Esp the Os Hillman devotional. I can certainly relate. God has been speaking the deeper things to me for the past 10-11 months and I find that I am a stumbling block to those around me.

The bolder I became, the more distant those in the "church" have become. As a matter of fact, I find that not only are many of these around me indifferent but they are out and out asleep. Thinking in their hearts that having alittle gospel mixed in with the social club atmosphere makes them God followers.

I spoke many times of repentence and pointing the way towards Christ who we should be be devouring w/ all our being. Unfortunately this is met w/ silence. This grieves my heart.

God has told me to be quiet recently and is leading me and my family in a different direction now. One of which he hasn't revealed to us yet.

Thanks for speaking your heart. I encourage you now matter what the response of others is. God Bless.
Darrell